sábado, 29 de junio de 2013

STILL LIFE WITH FIGURES

Sometimes I feel like painting a still life and then toys , specially plastic figures, give me the opportunity of elaborating little allegories. In addition, the spectators' imagination uses to be stimulated because some figures in a context always suggest a story.

This time I will show one of this still lifes. I made it two years ago, but it has been lost (and unphotographed) for the last year. Happily I found it yesterday.

Most of my old masters surely should say that the saturated colours makes it seem gaudy or even naive. I don't agree, of course. The colour scheme here possesses a strong significance, since my main aim was to recover the colours of my childhood.





Pirate and Asterix  figures still life  / Naturaleza muerta con figuras de pirata y de Asterix

Acrylic on canvas 19.5 x 15.5 inches/ Acrílica sobre lienzo 50 x 40 cm



En ocasiones me apetece pintar una naturaleza muerta y entonces los juguetes, especialmente los muñecos de plástico, me dan la oportunidad de elaborar pequeñas alegorías. Además, suelen estimular la imaginación del espectador, porque unas figuras en un contexto siempre sugieren una historia.

Esta vez voy a mostrar una de estas naturalezas muertas. La hice hace ya dos años, pero ha estado perdida (y sin fotografiar) durante todo el año pasado. Felizmente la encontré ayer.

La mayoría de mis antiguos maestros dirían que los colores saturados lo hacen parecer chillón e incluso naif. No estoy de acuerdo, por supuesto. El esquema de color aquí posee un significado importante, ya que mi principal objetivo era recuperar los colores de mi infancia.




Detail  /  Detalle

1 comentario: